PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Textures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

maikeru808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Textures Reply with quote

Anyone know or can write up a quick tutorial on how to create a simple texture? I tried looking around the web, but I'm looking for something on the basic level. For example, the patterned dots on the "Photoshop Forums" banner... is that a texture or a brush? Something simple like that.

witam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first you have to make the basis, let's say in this example: a 50 pixel x 50 pixel black background with 3 white spots on. (new, 50 x 50, bg= black and paint 3 white spots on it)

Flatten it to one layer and choose edit/define pattern. Give it a name and you have a new pattern to use.
When you make a new image (any size you want) you can use edit/fill The part that says contents, choose patterns and you get the choice of all the patterns available, including the one you just made (custom patterns) This is how you can use your own patterns/textures in your images you make.

Having said that, the texture used here, is most likely created in html. In other words, you create the black background with white spots (our example) again and save it as a jpg. this can be put as the background of a page (coded in html) and will repeat itself over your page. The same will happen in your put it in the background of a table (it will repeat itself) if you don't want it over your entire page. However this is coding in html.
Maybe there is a way in imageready, but i do my own coding and am not very familiar with imageready. Someone else?

I hope this helps..

http://members.chello.be/wotsa
http://www.shadowness.com/witam

maikeru808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Define pattern... THANKS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: