PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
timelaps movie action
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

shaka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: timelaps movie action Reply with quote

I've been making timelapse movies with my digital camera. Hook it up to the computer, point it at something interesting, and the computer tells the camera to shoot a series of photos for a period of time.

You can use Quictime Pro to assemble the sequence of images into a movie.

So for instance if you shoot a photo every 5 seconds, and then display 30 photos per second, you can compress 6 hours into about 2-1/2 minutes of video. It's fun for making timelapse movies of the weather, sunrises, sunsets, etc.

I've found Photoshop's batch actions valuable in applying corrections to the images, such as shadow/highlight, saturation, etc.

But what would be really cool would be to make an action that makes the video appear to pan & zoom. You could do this by creating an action that opens each image and makes a selection, crops it, resizes it to the video's dimensions, and saves it. Then it opens the next image, makes a selection, resizes it, etc. Each successive selection would be moved slightly from the previous one, maybe even subpixel. By doing this you could create the impression that the camera is slowly panning or zooming as it's taking the pictures.

Does anyone know how to create such an action?

Aldog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i ask what program you're using to 'tell the camera to shoot a series of photos'?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: