PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Transparent background using layers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

wbronson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Transparent background using layers. Reply with quote

Hello all. This is my first post here so I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. I using CS6 on a macbook. About a year ago I started to familiarize my self with CS6 and learned how to do a few things including removing the background from an image. I took a few month off and have forgotten how I used to do this. A google search reveals many tutorial on doing this by simply using the magic wand tool-highlighting the background and clicking delete. However, the method I used to use was different. I cannot for the life of me remember what I used to do and could really use a step by step refresher if some one is familiar with the process I used to use. This is what I remember.
1.I would open the image with the background that need to be removed.
2. I would create a new layer.
3. I think I remember adjusting the order of the layers
4.I would use the layer style on one of the layers (cant remember which and the while holding the control key ( I think it was ) drag the "This layer" control until the background started to fade and adjust accordingly.
5. Then I had to do some sort of merging of the layers and I would be left with just the image I wanted and a transparent background.

As stated this is all I can recall and I never used the magic wand I don't believe so if anyone knows what I am attempting to describe and can refresh my memory I would greatly appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: