PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system err
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

girish3110

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system err Reply with quote

I've had Adobe Photoshop CS installed on my notebook, running Vista Business, for the past 2 years ang used it without any problem until last week when I started getting the following error:
"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."

I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Shift solution to force Photoshop to load but to no avail. I then uninstalled Photoshop CS to then install Photoshop CS2 expecting the problem to disappear. But I got the same result.

I've read that the problem can be related to a large amunt of fonts being installed, but I've only about 291, mostly those that came with Vista.

On the contrary of Photoshop, Image Ready loads without any problems. I've noted that I get the error just after the "Building color conversion..." status appeared on the splash screen. Is there any way that I could get PS CS2 to run? If I install the newest version of PS will I still get that error?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum girish3110. I don't know the solution to your problem, but I seem to remember someone on the forum had a similar problem that was rectified through resetting to a previous snapshot of Windows. May help.

PS it's in the Accessories>System Tools

Does it generate an error report? If so post that here.

girish3110

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the problem is with my OS. I'm having problems with some DLLs and maybe one of them is onflicting. Will try repairing and see what happens.

jamesbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error Reply with quote

I had a similar error on my laptop which disappeared after using Windows system restore. As it turned out it was a Virus Protection upgrade (Nortons) I performed the previous week. I have to turn off virus protection when I am using CS5 otherwise the error comes back. In my case it was a very clear cause of the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: