PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
underexposed prints
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

galileofigaro

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: underexposed prints Reply with quote

I have my pictures on smugmug where they look awesome. However when I print on my printer or I send them to bayphoto or i go to any walmart photolab they look 1 or 1.5 stops underexposed.
How do i have to set the pictures to be printed in order to get them on paper EXACTLY as I see them on smugmug.
Please help!
regards to all

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your monitor calibrated?

doctor tropico

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing with my (non-calibrated) iBook, pictures looked ok on screen, but came out underexposed and with to much red.

So I adjusted levels and curves until they came out they way I wanted them to be, and saved these settings in an action called "to the printer".

Every time I wanted to print something that looked OK on screen, I just ran it trough the action first. Only takes a second.

But I guess the more professional way is to calibrate your monitor.

galileofigaro

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: underexposed prints Reply with quote

no problem with monitor, mine's ok as well as my clients'. They got the same issue when ordered prints.
regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: