PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Using Curves in Layer palette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Blurt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Using Curves in Layer palette Reply with quote

I'm using Photoshop CS. The effect of a certain action does not match what is documented in a book I am using. The PS Help facility appears to agree with the book. I must be doing something wrong -- or maybe I need to re-install. Can someone advise? Here’s the action I'm performing:

Go to the current layer in the Layers Palette and open its pop-up menu by clicking on the little black/white circle at the bottom of the palette -- and select "Curves" from that menu.

One result is that a new layer is created -- OK, that works. But also it seems there should be a miniature depiction of the Curves dialog window in the row in the Layers Palette representing the original layer. This does not happen when I do it. Instead, the box which should contain this depiction contains a little black/white circle like the one used to access the pop-up menu.

From this point, the remaining series of actions described in the book fails to work .... I think the problem is a mistake I've made in that Layers step. PS Help, as I said, does illustrate a miniature dialogue box in the row of in the Layers Palette under several circumstances.

The actions I am following are those for "Enhancing and Brightening Eyes" on pages 200-201 in Scott Kelby's "The Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers." Good book.

Who can help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: