PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Video rendering presets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jeanmarc

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Video rendering presets Reply with quote

Hello all, first post here.

I'm coming to you because I need some help. I just started toying with the video editing features of photoshop CS6, and I looked at the different presets available when exporting my resulting video.

I chose to make a 720p video at 25fps, and there seem to be three options for me in the dropdown presets list:
- HD 720p 25
- Youtube HD 720p 25
- Vimeo HD 720p 25

I tried all of them and I wasn't satisfied because I would like to be able to choose which bitrate I use on the video. Which unfortunately isn't an available option to me. The HD preset has a 6000kbps bitrate while the two others are at 5000.
For size keeping purpose, I was aiming at a 3000 or 3500 kbps bitrate.

I searched a little bit on the internet and while the information concerning video presets are -very- scarce, it seems like I cannot modify a preset in photoshop. However a program named Adobe Media Encoder supposedly allows one to create one's own presets.

This program (AME) is supposed to be free and shipped with every program in Adobe's creative suite, alas I don't seem to be able to find it.

There is a page on the adobe website with downloads of AME but every link seems to be an update, not the actual program, and I have no idea if I should install it like that.

Here's the link: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?platform=Windows&product=160

I think I found the presets in my photoshop directory, they come in .epr format and basically are xmls. But maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, I couldn't find a bitrate string in any of them, so I couldn't try to modify a preset by hand.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about video quality in photoshop, that would be of huge help.

And, even simplier, if anyone happens to have AME and would be so kind as to modify the HD setting to make a 3000kbps one (and maybe a 3500 one because I'm not deadset on it yet), and sending them to me, that would be simply awesome.

Thanks anyway to anyone would could help me in any way possible.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all are your sure AME is included with every program in the creative suite?

My AME is in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6
I can easily find it using start search.

Even when I change size and frame rate I still have at least 25 preset options in H.264.

In my C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6\MediaIO\systempresets folder I have about 400 presets so maybe the fact you cannot find it may be why you have so few.

Perhaps you did a custom installation of Photoshop and skip the installation of AME?

I agree the download page for AME does look like they are all updates but I would at least try one and see.
I also agree that if you tried hard enough you could probably edit the string however this would be a lot of work when the solution provided by adobe is quite elegant once you have it in your possession.

Anyway here is the custom preset, let me know how it goes and if you need any changes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0vve5eqtuk0nz5/PSF3000kbps.epr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: