PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Vintage Technical Diagrams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gbward4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Vintage Technical Diagrams Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me what style this is called so I can research/reproduce it? I can't find anything. Does anybody have any idea how to do it or how it was originally done? Not worried about the text and the arrows, but it's the photo style I can't get. I want to take an original picture, and edit so it looks like this. Any info at all is helpful.

Thanks!
-GB

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be from a magazine or newspaper which would be a half-tone image.
Look at filters-pixelate-color halftone. Obviously you'll need to convert your image into B&W.

gbward4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton man, I've already got it figured out. It's great when you have the right keyword!!! The key to this shot, (if somebody's wondering) is three point lighting (see the end of the screwdriver). #2, there are no shadows, they have been removed. #3 all edges that are light areas are made up with a thin black border. That's the most of it, then you can print it off and scan it back in or find a halftone rasterizer that gets fine enough.

Thanks a ton sir. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: