PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Vinyl inspired logo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

SSO

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Vinyl inspired logo Reply with quote

The other day a collective of dancehall producers/musicians asked me to make a logo for them. The name of the collective is Ungmand Sound, which translates to something like Young Man Sound or Youth Sound.
Anywho, here is my outcome, which I feel like sharing with you all:

Any constructive critiques or just simple thumbs ups are welcome!

//SSO

glaston1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks solid. No real critiques here. Only a couple suggestions.

Maybe make the hole in the center a little larger, with the same border as the outer center circle, that reveals to white or transparent so it looks more like the hole in a record. Right now it just looks like a black dot.

A simple background on the lettering of the label in the center circle could add some detail also. The font is a little small too. I'd use a more interesting font for that particular aspect myself.

Another is possibly some concentric circles in the lettering. You could find a photo of a record or make them by hand, and add them to a layer in screen mode to make them look like highlights that are only visible on the black lettering.

Again, the logo looks great. I'm not saying there's anything wrong. It just seems a tad too simple.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Good work, SSO. I think I'd like the text on the label to be bigger. The text surrounding the circle is somewhat hard to read at first, but with the text in the center bigger, I think it becomes clearer. Creative work.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lovin it

john00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

logo is good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: