PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Violence in sigs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Haunus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it all as maturity, most of the people with those sigs arent very, but I've talked to people and I know plenty of people that like those kind of things but wouldnt harm anyone and they're perfectly pleasnt people (aside from sometimes being morbid)

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
gecko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

frankly i never saw the need for signature images in the first place

I agree, avatars are tolerable but it tends to be a vanity thing with sigs, it is also the preserve of new to Photoshop users as a rule (not always) but it seems more popular with this set, because as new users the things they often learn first are sig tutorials and then move onto making their own. Their is however nothing inherently wrong with that.

The biggest complaint I have is the page length due to sigs, made worse when a bevvy of posters all have sigs Dead

Sorry to hijack the post.......

As for violence in sigs...... I suppose that depends on the context, for player of 1st person shooters in related clans and forums it may be in context, for an art forum maybe less so. However is the person is into 'dark' art it may be completely in context.

I suppose the main rule is, as long as it's not offensive to other users or breaks the forums user guidelines it's OK.

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunus wrote:
I see it all as maturity, most of the people with those sigs arent very, but I've talked to people and I know plenty of people that like those kind of things but wouldnt harm anyone and they're perfectly pleasnt people (aside from sometimes being morbid)

I have to agree with you there. A friend of mine is a huge FPS player and he does the whole banner/sig deal. That and clans. It's like it just consumes his life. I don't think theres anything wrong with having fun with those games but when it takes over, then its immature. As for being morid, I can't say anything there. I'm a forensic photographer, so I tend to be a little numb to morid things ;)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy mackeral! We have a forensic photographer amongst us? Cool!

I've always wanted to ask somebody from your profession this: Do you watch C.S.I.?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wha?!?!?! you guys didnt know that photo-synthesis was a forensic photograher??? oh wait i already knew cuz i pm new members to say hi. :P lol my bad

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OYBRO wrote:

I've always wanted to ask somebody from your profession this: Do you watch C.S.I.?

The simple answer is NO. That show is so fake. My wife and I are HUGE Law and Order fans. Especially SVU. I like Criminal Intent too but my wife, not so much. We always have a Tivo drive full of episodes waiting to be watched.

Haunus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

photo-synthesis wrote:
OYBRO wrote:

The simple answer is NO. That show is so fake. My wife and I are HUGE Law and Order fans. Especially SVU. I like Criminal Intent too but my wife, not so much. We always have a Tivo drive full of episodes waiting to be watched.

off topic - lol, I could never be a forensic photogrpaher, sorry but I would never get numb to it. - off topic

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I guessed you would say that about C.S.I. Then again maybe if you were a cop or lawyer you wouldn't like Law and Order (Let me guess, your wife is a lawyer).

I love Law and Order too. CI is probably my least favorite one though. I just got a DVR and set up all the seasons to record. Great stuff never gets old.

Have you heard of the new Law & Order: Trial by Jury?

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have and yes I will be glued to it. I was really sad to hear about Jerry Orbach. Law and Order hasn't been the same since he left and I was really looking forward to seeing him in the new show. Frown

And no my wife is not a lawyer. she's a housewife mostly :) The reason I feel CSI is so fake is all the "magic box" technology that they use. "Let me press two keys on my keyboard and my computer will automatically generate a 3D recreation of exactly how the crime happened, as well as who did it, where they live and what they ate for breakfast"

jdrumstik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photo-synthesis wrote:
Hollywood views violence as bad? where are all my movies coming from? ;)

How about how batman never kills anyone? or how all the critics rated mel Gibsons (spelling) papratzi as a horrible violent film, when he was just protecting his family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: