PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Wacom Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

icesamurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Wacom Question Reply with quote

My Graphire4 is good but i don't think its giving my the pen sensitivity i need. I have to try very hard to get "thiner lines easier" lol. Also its not reading all my pen strokes (the very fast and very slow). Plus a friend of mine told me this happened to him and it just stop working.

So I'm asking you guys, I've got 200 plus tax and S&H just for the wacom. I've seen the Wacom bamboo fun and the craft, which one of these shoud i get? Or is there some thing better?

I ask because i can't find any diffance between them.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a Wacom Intuos 4 for $232 at Walmart with free shipping. It's a nicer unit than the Bamboo.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wacom-PTK440-Intuos4-Small-Pen-Graphics-Tablet/13213177?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=44444444440400546012

icesamurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the enterphase that comes with it but the bamboos come with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 7.0 Win/6.0 Mac, Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4.0, Nik® Color Efex Pro™ 3.0 WE3.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icesamurai wrote:
I do the enterphase that comes with it but the bamboos come with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 7.0 Win/6.0 Mac, Corel® Painter™ Essentials 4.0, Nik® Color Efex Pro™ 3.0 WE3.

My Intuos came with the same things.

Claudia P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wacom Question Reply with quote

icesamurai wrote:
My Graphire4 is good but i don't think its giving my the pen sensitivity i need. I have to try very hard to get "thiner lines easier" lol. Also its not reading all my pen strokes (the very fast and very slow). Plus a friend of mine told me this happened to him and it just stop working.

So I'm asking you guys, I've got 200 plus tax and S&H just for the wacom. I've seen the Wacom bamboo fun and the craft, which one of these shoud i get? Or is there some thing better?

I ask because i can't find any diffance between them.

I would strongly suggest waiting until you can afford the Intuous 4, I used the Bamboo for a year before buying the Intuous 4 and the difference is amazing, it is just so much better. Your Wacom priveleges that come with registration offer you a number of choices in free software, Photoshop Elements 7 and Corel Painter Essentials are just two of your choices.

Claudia

icesamurai

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Intuous 4 looks cool, i like the tilt capability that's sounds very cool. On their other hand its wireless which sounds good at first but recharging will get very tedious. But that enterphase is just TO cool to pass up on these ituous. I guess waiting one more month will not be that bad. Thank you for your help General Hawkeye and Claudia P.

P.S. lol sorry Hawkeye, the joke was two easy but now i know and knowing is half the battle.

P.P.S. Thats the last one.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not wireless, it's powered by a USB port. There are no batteries used in Wacom tablets.

icesamurai

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Intuos 4 is wireless, at less the two web sites i've seen have said that. Nevertheless, its can be recharged bye a USB port. I'm all for it but its 300 bones, so just one more month with the graphire 4.

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your link, there is a wireless version which is almost $400. The other Intuos 4 tablets, small, medium, large and extra large are not wireless, they are USB powered.

icesamurai

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you said that cuz my thinking was some where else, I'm liking the small one because i'm never in the same place for long hours and the bigger will be more in the way. I guess i'm getting it now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: