PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Well, we're at war...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

beley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Well, we're at war... Reply with quote

A little late but I've been engrossed in the news and current events. What is everyone's opinions/feelings? I don't really know anyone who's been shipped out yet (I have a friend that just joined the Marines though).

I'm usually against war but back Bush 150% on this one... we have to do whatever is neccessary to keep terrorists (and I include Saddam in that category) from attacking the US.

2BigFeet.com - Large Size Shoes for Men and Women
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think most people are against war, but I back our President in this effort.

It is neccessary and we have done a great deal to avert war to no avail. Nothing will ever pass by the UN. They pass resolutions that they refuse to enforce. When you can't set a deadline for something, you know something is wrong. Deadlines are a neccessary fact of life.

I think we have made the right decision and I will be doing what I can to not buy companies manufactured by French, German or Russian companies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iraq has done the funniest thing ever! After 12 yrs. of thumbing their nose at the United Nations, they file a complaint in the UN Security Council about being invaded. HAHA, I laugh not at the seriousness of this police action but at the audacity of Saddam Hussein. If he dies quickly he's getting off easy. Justification would be a good inhale of poison gas. If you know about his squashing of the Shiite's in the south and Kurds in the north you know he is scant less. A real life no limit soldier. I do not mean that in a flattering way. The man is a menace to humanity. There is a lot of propaganda from both sides, during this invasion, but nothing anyone says will change my opinion of Saddam Hussein and his gassing of the Kurds. I am not saying they are great people or anything like that I do not really know much about their culture, but gassing them is the same as burning Jews in the ovens or an assault weapon in a schoolyard. Thanks for listening. Lets hope and pray for a quick end to combat.

nsr81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things:

We are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth. I mean it does not make any sense. If you are anti-war, you hold on to your point of view and principles. I'm seeing the very same people who were strongly against war saying that now that we have gone to war, I support it.

Secondly, I don't get it why N. Korea isn't being pursued about their nuclear program, as we all know they have one. They have been testing missles in our face. Why will we pursue a diplomatic solution with them? Cuz they have nukes? and since Iraq did not, it was an easy target?

Don't mind me, I'm just a bit annoyed with all that is going on. :)

edit: Yup, Saddam needs to go, no doubt about that.

beetle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm actually pro-war.

Not because war in and of itself is something I support, but because I'm pro-action. Complacency in our free lives is something I can't stand. Yes, we're free, but to forget why and how we became free is ignorant.

nrs81, we are and have been trying to cool the jets with N. Korea.

Right now, I have a problem with the protesters. Protesting and being against the war is fine. But on the 2nd day of engagement, when hundreds of people blocked Lake Shore drive in Chicago at rush hour, sure, they got their voice heard, but at what cost?

I shudder to think how many people were late for appointments, or picking up their kids from daycare centers. How much gas was wasted by all those cars just sitting there idling? How many people had to pay high cab fares for the wait at a dime a minute?

And what about the police officers? Instead of handling traffic of doing one of many more infinitely more important duties, they were out there controlling the situation and arresting people. What a sad waste of resources.

Protests to get your voice heard don't need to be done in such an interruptive manner. They could have just as easily congregated in Grant Park. Interruptive protests are designed to promote change, and I'm sorry, dubya ain't calling off the bombers anytime soon.

If you're going to protest to get your voice heard, fine. Just make sure you don't become a domestic hindrance/criminal in the process.

Last edited by beetle on Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea is being left alone at the moment because the Iraqi Liberation has been in the plans for a long long time (Since before Bush took office)
North Korea is trying to strong arm the US. Plus it isn't a very good fight they have a million soldiers ready to roll through the DMZ. We have 38000 soldiers. Kind of outnumbered right now. The battlefield is extremely small, and will be VERY bloody. North Korea is far more advanced than Iraq and not something to rush into. Plus China will probably come to their aid in some way. North Korea with their "crude nuke", is an infection that’s festering, and nobody has the answer how to treat it. Right now the government is doing the right thing by denying them credibility, and asking the regional countries to get involved. North Korea is going about their argument the wrong way and they will probably do something really stupid politically if not militarily. Let them simmer. Japan, Taiwan, Korea, China and Russia need to be involved. Pulling our 38000 soldiers away from the DMZ is a mistake, but at the same time I would not be surprised if they are all killed sometime in the future. North Korea situation is very bad, and the worst part of all of it, is the Koreans they are almost sympathetic to the people who would conquer them. Give North Korea enough rope they will hang themself, but they will take alot of people with them. Cry

Also do not be surprised if Iran "suddenly" is the bad guy! Even before North Korea.

nsr81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is someone's sig from sitepointforums.com:

Quote:
- Afghanistan .... Half Done
- Iraq .............. In Progress
- Iran .............. Next in Target
- Pakistan ........ Pending

It gave me a chuckle. But it might very well be the reality.

nsr81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@beetle

I'm not saying that what is going in with the protests is any good. In fact, I'm gonna stay home tomorrow because there will be a large protest in NYC against war. I was commenting upon people's attitude towards war. Especially upon those who were against war, but now that action has begun, they have changed their views.

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why people think Pakistan is a target... we are already there running around cleaning up stuff. They are cooperating. Indonesia is a cesspool of potential terrorists. 700 million Muslims and a good portion is fundamentalist.

30 yrs from now I would not be surprised if the Korean peninsula is a nuclear wasteland.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beetle,

I agree with you on the protesters. Granted, that right is the right that millions have died for them to have - but, go do something productive.

I also think that before it happens, you can protest it all you want, but that once it starts, you should support your country and your troops. You don't have to like the war or anything else, but I think you should still support your country. Undeniably there are tons out there that disagree with that logic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: