PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
What am I adding to the photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

photografer

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: What am I adding to the photo Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post.

In photoshop (CS4) I stack three photo filters, Yellow 100% Magenta 65% and Cyan 99% on the image layer. This reduces brightness without adding color cast. The effect is like a ND filter but what I have found interesting is, if I take the same image, process one regularity and another one after applying this ND filter effect, there is a subtle difference between the two. One is not better than the other but there is a subtle difference, which I don't know why - you can try yourself.

My question is basically what these stack filters do, what they add to the image to make it dark and is there any benefit to using it in some cases.

thanks.

glaston1

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this with a single color balance AL. So I'm just wondering what exactly the payoff is to stacking them individually? Does this offer something that color balance alone does not?

Henry Catherin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think from using different color use one single color will be best. Yep three color combination will help you to find out the best one. Subtle difference for effect actually not like a difference. Benefit is just it's change your photos color, making attractive. Nothing more i hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: