PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Whitney Houston's death
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Netaddict

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Whitney Houston's death Reply with quote

I read in a Yahoo article that during one of Whitney's last concerts, it was obvious that her voice was damaged beyond repair.My question is; did she start taking drugs because of her damaged voice or did the drugs that she was taking damage her voice?

I can understand that after discovering that her voice was damaged, she started taking drugs to help her deal wit the fact that her singing career was coming to an end but the other option is hard to swallow. What I mean by the other option is that the drugs she was taking damaged her voice, come one, as a singer she must have spent years developing and training that amazing voice then she throws all of that away by taking drugs!?

TylerStaples

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNNNNNNDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerStaples wrote:
ANNNNNNNDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I don't no why I found that so funny LOL

She stated on Oprah that she began taking drugs in 1993 (her voice was still fine, 'The Bodyguard' was made in 1992)

She got married to Bobby Brown in 1992, and was taking drugs with him.

Quotes from Oprah Interview...
"I had so much money and so much access to what I wanted,"
"I didn't think about the singing part anymore. I was looking for my young womanhood."

The disease of addiction is powerful and a really big modern problem.
Most people on drugs are well aware of what they are doing to themselves, however the feeling of getting high is worth the sacrifice.

Netaddict

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TylerStaples, that's an amazing song

Thank you Auieos for clearing things up. You know what really bugs me? She really had it all; the money the fame and that amazing voice and the beauty and she ruins it all with drugs! I'm beginning to think that "a lot of" money corrupts the mind, all this money gives a feeling of potential. So yes she had all of the things I listed above but thought what can I do that's more exciting and interesting than anything I've done so far...drugs! Unfortunately, the money required to do this new interesting thing was available.

Before taking that first sniff, puff or sip, she was aware of how this can ruin her life. Obviously after that first sniff, puff or sip, she was not in control any more, the drug was.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's that easy. And even if you have it "all," that doesn't mean that it doesn't come with stress, perhaps a different type of stress than most people are familiar with. Life's a challenge, no matter who you are and we all have flaws and weaknesses, some more damaging than others.

At the end of the day, her passing was and is sad. Rest in peace.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

spud_51_98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tragic what happened, but it seemed like she was spirraling down

cjennifer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is so sad. her songs with us forever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: