PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Why do text styles change their look after being saved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

CamilleKleinman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Why do text styles change their look after being saved? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've come across this problem a few times and its really annoying. I use a text style for my text (I download free ones from deviantart or other sites), but the moment I save my document either as a jpg, tif or png, it changes its look!

In this example the beautiful gold lost its beautiful shine and became sort of dull looking.
The same thing happens if I rasterize a text layer even if the Overlay mode is set at Normal and Opacity 100%.

Here's the text style in PS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv53n2n75ji8ikg/Screen%20Shot%202014-12-02%20at%201.47.03%20PM.png?dl=0

And here it is after I saved it to a jpg, png or tiff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl353f7o99wdp54/Screen%20Shot%202014-12-02%20at%201.48.05%20PM.png?dl=0

Why is this happening? How can I keep the look of the text in photoshop also the same after I export it?

Thank you!

Camille

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Why do text styles change their look after being saved? Reply with quote

CamilleKleinman wrote:
Hi,

I've come across this problem a few times and its really annoying. I use a text style for my text (I download free ones from deviantart or other sites), but the moment I save my document either as a jpg, tif or png, it changes its look!

In this example the beautiful gold lost its beautiful shine and became sort of dull looking.
The same thing happens if I rasterize a text layer even if the Overlay mode is set at Normal and Opacity 100%.

Here's the text style in PS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv53n2n75ji8ikg/Screen%20Shot%202014-12-02%20at%201.47.03%20PM.png?dl=0

And here it is after I saved it to a jpg, png or tiff:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl353f7o99wdp54/Screen%20Shot%202014-12-02%20at%201.48.05%20PM.png?dl=0

Why is this happening? How can I keep the look of the text in photoshop also the same after I export it?

Thank you!

Camille

Never had this issue before.

Try these.
01. Are you editing the downloaded psd file or you saved the style in your style palette and then applying it to your own text?
02. Can you try create a new document and copy and paste the same style into another text in the the other document and export.
03. Try to save the file using 'Save for Web' and see if you still have this issue.
04. Looks like the style is made up of 'Bevel and emboss', and the emboss are still in the output file, its just that the size is not enough. Try create one big character with larger font size and then apply the style.
05. Change the font and apply the effect and see.
It should work with one of these.

CamilleKleinman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beekeeper, thanks for your reply!

01. I loaded the style into my styles palette and applied it to my text.
02. yes I can do this, I tried it on a 800x600 DPI 76 document and it exported without troubles.
03. Same result.
05. different fonts have the same results upon export.

I found that when I zoom in close to my text it lost its beveled look like in the final exported image. So i have found a workaround by zooming up close and then modifying the style to be like I want it. then when I zoom out and export it sticks. weird as can be. But seems to work right now.

Thanks
Camille

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamilleKleinman wrote:
Hi Beekeeper, thanks for your reply!

01. I loaded the style into my styles palette and applied it to my text.
02. yes I can do this, I tried it on a 800x600 DPI 76 document and it exported without troubles.
03. Same result.
05. different fonts have the same results upon export.

I found that when I zoom in close to my text it lost its beveled look like in the final exported image. So i have found a workaround by zooming up close and then modifying the style to be like I want it. then when I zoom out and export it sticks. weird as can be. But seems to work right now.

Thanks
Camille

You could uninstall and install the software again. It looks like a bug. I don't think anything to do with the preferences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: