PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Why won't my action automatically 'Save As'?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jayrowden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Why won't my action automatically 'Save As'? Reply with quote

Hi there
I bought some amazing Jesh De Rox actions and I want to apply them to 650 images.

I have spent the last four hours trying to get one of these actions to automatically Save As but without success.

In fact I have tried other actions too and they won't automatically save as either.

For the sake of brevity, and to save boring you with the finer details because everyone on this forum knows how to Batch an action, but needless to say, I have followed the instructions from dozens of different tutorials online and yet, the same thing happens time after time.

The action starts, then once it has finished processing the action, the Save As dialogue box appears.

What am I doing wrong?

I am so excited at the thought of running an action for 650 images which will automatically run off so I can come back half an hour later and they are all done.

Please, please, please help me, before I lose the plot.

Thanks in advance.

Jay Rowden

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:
When you record the action, select a folder to save in, and go through the whole "save as" process.

When you run the batch command, select a different folder to save in and check mark the Override Action "Save As" Commands box.

jayrowden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hawkeye.
So kind of you to try and help.
I have tried this already, and I get the same issue TWICE over.
When I try to automate the batch, first I get the Save As JPEG dialogue box, then it wants me to Save again as a .psd.
I wonder what on earth I am doing wrong?
It's so bizarre...

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: Record a new action (I called it TEST and put it in Production), make it very simple like I did here. Just flatten an open image and save it to the desktop as a jpg.

Now make a new folder on the desktop. Open a picture and run a batch operation on an using this TEST action.

Put a check mark in the Override Action Save As Command Box, and choose the new desktop folder as the destination.

Now click OK, it should save it to the new desktop folder with the same save as settings you used to save it to the desktop. Did it work??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: