PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photorealistic Lightsabers: the Way They SHOULD be Done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

Star Wars Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya know what. is it possible to like...do this witdhout any color, save it as like a action or something like that and when i need itm like pull it over the stick. then put some color on it.

know whaqt i am saying?

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in a way, yes. It's not really worth it, though, especially for video clips. When you're rotoscoping lightsabers onto video, each shot requires only one application of the glow effects. You put in all the blades for each shot on one layer and then apply the glow effects to the whole layer. This means that each frame is actually very quick--you just use the polygonal lasso tool or something similar to create a white area on your black Screen layer. The glowing is a last-minute thing.

Keep in mind that lightsaber effects need to be varied from shot to shot in order to maintain a consistent look. Paradoxical, I know. But you'll find that using the exact same technique and values will yield different results with different sorts of backgrounds. So it's better to just do it manually, in my opinion. You have much more control and it doesn't take that long to do.

NYCPinoy125

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the "Fade Gaussian Blue" show up?I'm having some problems

Datameister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will only appear right after you've applied the blur. It will show up on the Edit menu, close to the top. What version are you using?

Star Wars Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um i got a problem. i was rotoscoping some video and the lightsaber effect ya know glows and it glows into the next frame!

i have premeire and i exporeted it as a filmstrip

go into phtoshop and rotoschop it

and it glows in the other frames

like when the lightsaber is sticking up the glow is on the blade and a little on the bottom of screen cuz it glows to other frames. you know what i am saying?

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've had to deal with that problem before. Annoying, isn't it? But never fear--there is a simple solution! While you're in your FLM file, go to the channels palette. You should see an extra alpha channel you didn't make; I forget what it's called. Ctrl-click that channel to load the selection and go to your glow layer(s). Fill the selection with black. (You might need to press shift-ctrl-I to invert the selection before you fill with black, but I'm not sure.)

This should eliminate all that ugly glow popping up from the bottom of the frame. Big Grin

Star Wars Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wtf?

Star Wars Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright i cooked up a one frame thing. this is not me in the vid. it is from kin char bamin .net or something. and this is not exactly what i wanted. see if u look there is like a thing around it. i want it more liek blurred.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3N1RQRSJVHIGK1YPV358XPOW2K

i am gonna do the whole vid now

Star Wars Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright. this didnt work. i dont know if i did it right. i selected my glow layer, go to channels and Ctrl+ click on alpha 1. then i went back and used the paint buckey and filled it.

didnt help. i put both of them back to back. the first one i think is the one that doesnt have it done to it.

then again i am not sure if i did it right

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BHH0R8CYW00539TJ17IMQQFSD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15
Jump to: