PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need help restoring some color to old photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

CS2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post, please delete

Last edited by CS2 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total

CS2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not of the solutions are great if you ask me.

Too many solutions are based on guess work; just grabbing a tool and sliding the sliders until you see something you like. That's not how it works guys.

First it's important to analyze the image itself with your naked eyes, then you have to take it in Photoshop and analyze it there too.
Then you use all that information to use the proper tools or technique to improve this image.

#1 Washed out highlights, edges between sky and clouds are too sharp, too much magenta
#2 Better sky, still too much magenta, too yellow, fringe problems in trees not solved
#3 Too much magenta in shadows, also fringe problems not solved (right), yellow cast, noise more obvious in the sky

I see snow every year and none of the corrections remind me of snow. Fresh snow is close to white and is bright. I don't see that in these corrections.
I'll see what I can come up this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: