PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
camera raw update for CS5
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cass_hillstrand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: camera raw update for CS5 Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently recovered lost CR2 files and am trying to open them in photoshop but when I do I get this message:

Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw.
Please visit the Camera Raw help documentation for additional information.

I usually shoot with the Canon 5D but these files were shot with a Canon 5D Mark 11.

I updated my camera raw in the hopes of that being the problem but no such luck.

Any other ideas on how to go about fixing the issue?

thank you,
Cass

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum cass_hillstrand. I can't really help you but have you tried one of these RAW converters? They are free, I haven't heard of them, but who knows? Sorry to say I have only used Camera RAW and Capture 1

free RAW convertors

Sorry, if it seems scant help.

I presume you have updated to the latest version of Camera RAW? (I think you said that), from the brief research I have done that camera model (mark II) is supported in Camera RAW version 5.2 and onwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: