PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Well, we're at war...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nsr81

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not understand why people think Pakistan is a target.

I can present a few reasons:
- They are a muslim country. And every muslim country these days seems to be a potential threat. (of course I'm being sarcastic, but that is the truth).
- They have nuclear capabilities. If combined with muslim "fundamentalists", will produce dangerous results to the "free" world.
- They don't have democracy as we in America want it to be.

Quote:
Undeniably there are tons out there that disagree with that logic.

I do. Simply because it devalues your principles. If you are anti-war, you are anti-war. If you change your position simply because the head of the state has dispatched troops to war, then you were not anti-war to begin with. And I'm sure many will disagree to that statement too.

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6571-2003Mar21.html

Here's a link to a story about Dick Cheney's old company he had to give up when he became VP. Halliburton in 2001, the company had revenues of $13 billion and employed approximately 85,000 at year-end. Halliburton conducts business operations in over 100 countries throughout the world. This company has NOT had its hand in every country we have problems with in the middle east. oooohhh conspiracy gears turning. Dick Cheney is a shady dude. Big time wealthy, and was CEO of many billions $ Halliburton. Halliburton made BIG $$$$ in Kuwait following Desert Storm. Cheney opens Iraq's doors to Halliburton... very soon. ooohhhh Shady Shady!!! HAHA conspiracy theories are fun! Who's got the magic bullet? Also Halliburton is suspiciously named like Halle Berry, who I want to interview in an undisclosed hotel room!

JMulder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written ~1000 word posts on several forums on this issue but as a Dutch citizen I back up the coalition for 100% on this one as well.

War was the only solution .. unless one would like to receive the first hit instead of giving it of course.

e: spj.mulder@planet.nl
w: http://www.mm2c.com | http://jmulder.deviantart.com

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasir,

I am not saying that you should become "pro-war." Afterall, I'm not "pro-war" in all cases.

The point is that after it has started, you should support the men who are out there fighting from your country.

Jeroen,

Yeah, I have written some posts up, too. Big Grin I understand what you mean.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

beley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fine soldiers who enlisted to protect our country don't have a choice... they have to go to war. We're there whether we like it or not, the least we can do is support our troops and let them know how much we're behind them in their efforts. Nothing worse than them knowing we don't care about the cause - it 's just like saying we don't care about them... remember Vietnam? Sure, we shouldn't have been there but it turned into an anti-soldier not anti-war effort. Sad.

Anyway, I just think we should support our troops and our President - they are just trying to make America a safe place for us and our children.

2BigFeet.com - Large Size Shoes for Men and Women
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

JMulder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly beley. The least you can do is show support to your government and troops although you may not agree with their decision. Just looking at the horrible things happening with POWs in Iraq I say they really need the support.

e: spj.mulder@planet.nl
w: http://www.mm2c.com | http://jmulder.deviantart.com

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you support the war or not, this is just stupid...

I heard that French President Jacque Chirac is "afraid" that French companies will be shut out for contracts to help rebuild the new Iraq. In other words, he won't help clean up and liberate the people and he'll verbally scorn us where he gets his shots in, but he wants money to go to French companies because of our coalition's work. I think that is garbage.

Last edited by Patrick on Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

beetle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joke Patrick. It looks like he's working hard at helping the French keep their less-than-glossy reputation during this whole thing.

Ridiculous.

rpeeb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Yes and no Reply with quote

Anyone who says we shouldn’t be in Iraq is protesting because its "war" yet they have no idea what Saddam has done. Should Hitler be a free man? Anyone who says yes is either stupid or a neo Nazi making him stupid anyways. Iraq has been a target for a very long time and bush is the only one who is not scared to push people are a little. The only thing that * me off is how they go around “liberating” everyone then they just go home and let some other messed up group take over. Maybe they can make a working society out of Iraq and Afghanistan? Yea right... they spent all their money on how th blow things up, not how to put them back together.

gecko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know what i hate when liberals use the "we have enough problems in America" line

seems to me

executing 500 politcal dissadents a month and having a high umemployment rate are two diff things

and for the record there is always work
if one is willing to do it

http://thebluegecko.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: