PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Advice for business card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

zorak16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Advice for business card Reply with quote

Hello all,
I just designed a business card in photoshop for my mom's private practice (speech therapy) and wanted to get your design thoughts!

I think the front works better than the back; the front follows the tried-and-true designed for business cards (imo).

I like the text and feel of the back, I just wish it had a softer look (this is speech therapy after all).

Please let me know your thoughts; I am very open to suggestions!

Here are the images (I tried uploading via attachments but there are too big)

Front:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRQJ5iOSAwZMzBJdDc5WlBhaEk/view?usp=sharing

Back:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRQJ5iOSAwZLUdmemlLMG9ESlk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance,
Zorak16

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think it's great, my only suggestion as I first look at it, is maybe the "logo" (speak your mind) should be bigger? There's quite a lot of blank space, which I know you don't want a business card to look cluttered, but it looks a little sparse maybe, in my opinion. I think one way you could get a "warmer" feel, it to change the colour to a warmer tone maybe? and maybe change the font, or not having it in Capital Letters may be softer? although it looks pretty good as it is! I'm only critiquing because you asked me to ;) otherwise I would say it's nice and well done :)

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey zorak16,

Thank you for sharing this. To SC's point, I think an easy way to work this in might be to center the logo and make it bigger. You could move the "Speak Your Mind, LLC" lines down a bit and put "Services" on the same line as "Speech and Language Pathology" (really no reason for it to be on its own line).

It's debatable whether or not "Speak Your Mind, LLC" needs to be on the card at all, since it says it on the logo... to have it there kind of suggests it isn't clear that the logo is actually a logo and people might be unsure.

I would say you can probably drop "Office:" and "Email:" as well. If you have only one number, that's all people can use and people are familiar with email address formatting now.

I also agree with SC that it might be better to put the text in the back in a normal case for a sentence.

Best of luck.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: