PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Pop Out Sig Tutorial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Pop Out Sig Tutorial Reply with quote

I'm going to start off with a sig in progress. This ties in with another tutorial that I did with my multicoloring techniques, etc. But, I'm just going to show you how to make a pop out signature in this tutorial. I'll be blending my image so chances are, your sig might not look the same as mine, unless you followed my other tutorial as well.

Open a background or create a new one. I'm using a 350x110 background that I've already done.

Step 1. Find a picture you want to pop out and make sure that it has a completely white background or a solid color background so you can do this easily and then cut it out without much frustration. I'll be using this picture:

The way we are going to do this is to make the arm with the sword come out of the sig.

Step 2. Grab your magic wand tool and click once anywhere and then hit CTRL+SHIFT+I to select just the image.

Step 3. Now press CTRL+C to copy him and CTRL+V to paste him into your signature.

Step 4. Our image is a little big so lets shrink him a bit. If you are using a different image, your sig size might be different so you can size whatever you are using differently but make sure to hold shift while you're using free transform to make him smaller.

Step 5. There's still some green in the creases of the sword and a little between his back and hat, but we can get rid of that with the magic wand tool. Select the green area and hit CTRL+X to cut it out. Now that you have your image cleaned and transformed and everything we can start our pop out. :)

Step 6. Go to image/canvas size and follow exactly what I've done in my image here:

Your sig size might be different, so you might need to use different dimensions, but this should help you to get the basics.

Tip: if the background of your pop out is black or white, you'll have to take off the pop out part and put it back in your original sig, duplicate your background layer and delete the locked one and then make a new transparent layer and put it underneath your background layer which should be your bottom one.

Step 7. Your image should now look something like this:

Now we are going to cut out some excess stuff, so take your polygon lasso tool with no feather and start cutting out the pieces you don't need or don't want to pop out like mine right here:

As you can see. I just cut out the legs from my image, so now it looks like his sword and shield will be sticking out and his legs look like they are still under the sig. So, now it should look like this when saved and put onto a forum or website.

Note: you will have to save it as a .gif or .png file to have the background transparent to a forum background, etc.

My finished product is this because I added more steps. You can add more steps to make yours better and blended, etc.:

I hope you enjoyed this pop out tutorial and I hope I helped. :)

zorg222

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool tut

If you want top quality GFX, skins, and resources for your forum, Alienation Skins is the place to go.

darezon160

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i was trying to do something like this for my sig lol nice ill have to give this tut a try out

ekosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tut i have always been a fan of the cutout sig, usually not this tall but deffinatly a fan anyway here is my version of it with the transparent background :)

MajorGFX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tut shadow and nice try ekosh

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Price

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know, what fonts are you using for "Shadow" and "another legend", 'cause I like them. A lot.

Oh, and I forgot to say, great tut! Big Wink

Last edited by Price on Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Price

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know, what fonts are you using for "Shadows" and "another legend", 'cause I like them. A lot.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you posted the same thing twice mate!

Yeh, and i like the fonts too

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Price

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the...??? I edited my post (I'm CERTAIN) and the stuff I edited in went into a post of it's own.

Maybe it's a edit time limit, I dunno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: