PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Lightsaber Images
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ape-X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know there was such a market for lightsaber pics.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star wars has a lot to answer for lol. I was told yesterday Ewan Mcgregor had to keep doing retakes because he kept making the light saber noise with his mouth as he was waving the saber about, out of habit from when he was younger. Wayne

bassrocker208

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my attempt at a lightsaber

dad.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.46 KB
 Viewed:  3253 Time(s)

dad.jpg

travis_b7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: My first attempt Reply with quote

Ok, I'm new to these forums, but I'll throw up my attempt at a saber duel. Yeah, there are four of me in the picture.

Light Saber small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  124.77 KB
 Viewed:  3108 Time(s)

Light Saber small.jpg

Datameister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's been so long since I've visited here...I'm pleased and surprised to see that my thread is still going!

Nice compositing job, Travis! The lightsabers themselves are all right, although I personally prefer a little wider glow. I'm digging the glow color and size on yours, bassrocker, although I like my blades to have slightly less blur to them.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Datameister. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

eddiewan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread died a while back but I just figured I would add a video my friend and I recently completed that features lightsabers, woot!

So have fun watching. Took about 2 weeks to complete. I used ImageReady, the animation side of Photoshop. Compilation was done on Final Cut Express HD on a MacBook Pro. Was shot with an Olympus Camedia C-765 (sucks).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVod4o0c1-0

uriah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Howdy Reply with quote

well, this may not be the place for intro's but anyways. I saw this little section and got interested. While I have no work to post right now, I'll put osmething up here later today. I'm no noob with photoshop, but I've also dropped it for the better part of a couple years as I joined the military.

I got a thing for star wars I guess, the whole exansive universe is pretty cool.

i read on one of the pages though someone had posted about anakin in episode 2 with his lightsaber and a red one? well, that isn't true. That was when he fought count dooku, he picked up obi wan's lightsaber. It's easy to get confused though since all the spinning and odd camera angles hide it. But I always loved the symbolism with the color of the blades. I'm a fan, but no expert, anyone know what the different color blades are supposed to symbolize? obviously red is evil, which would be the sith, but the jedi have every other color ranging from purple to silver.

Oh and data, keep in mind, if your talking like these things are real, then also remember that these lightsabers have different and unique crystals in them. These crystals, being different shapes and such would give off a different length and width to the beams, also varying in intensity. And also keep in mind that these lightsabers have adjustment knobs on them to change all the attributes of the blade. Using this knowledge, anyone can have varying styles to how they create a lightsaber in an image. My style is unique to yours, not in that either person are wrong, just the choice in visual styles is different.

I'll go make a render of something and post it up later.

uriah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my attempt to post a pic, hope it works!

as for the pic itself, i'm trying to experiment, shake off the rust as it were. But I thought this was a decent attempt for my first image. There's actually an idea behind it all, however, till i get used to PS again, I'm not going to try to go all out.

I'm having issues with my reference images, the hilt doesn't exactly match the perspective of the grass. Unfortunately, even careful tweaking with perspective still resulted in an appearance of a "floaty". Also, I did my best to match the brightness of the blade with other references, however in my best attempts at being subtle, it still comes out a bit bright - er, white. The red is just about dead on I think, though maybe a little less saturation would look good.

I'm open to much critism! just be sure if you notice ways I can improve, please also include the how.

+++EDIT+++

I just noticed upon transfering the file to the internet, as well as changing the file type, the image looks quite a bit different than the original, but I think you'll all get the idea.

lightsaber trial 1.jpg
 Description:
my first attempt.
 Filesize:  180.55 KB
 Viewed:  2129 Time(s)

lightsaber trial 1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: